background

Thursday, July 31, 2014

$4, a Y decal shirt saving the day, and the worst thing ever to do in your *free* time.....just rambles for a day

We bought a $4 end table. FOUR. CUATRO. Ya, 4 bucks.  It's not even (that) crappy either. I'm satisfied.

Like the kind you put at the end of your couch (if we ever have a couch).  Good dealy-o.  Now we are just hoping it doesn't break when we put something on it!  But we now *OFFICIALLY* own an end table ($4), TV stand thingy ($24+tax), and a kitchen table ($40).  We are feeling good...we've been able to spend (SO FAR) a 1/4 of what we had thought for the kitchen table and end table! Below budget and life is good.  BUT now we are realizing how empty our little apartment is. Actually no, it's a big apartment. I don't know why I chose a two bedroom one (well except for the fact that that was pretty much all I could find in our range of price and location.  SO. We have two bedrooms.  I think I thought having more space at home would make up for Aaron being gone...?? Anywho. We have A apartment now and we're grateful.  Except for the emptiness part..but time is our friend on that one.

I have been kind of a bum lately. And when I say kind of I am. I have worked hard on a lot of applications. And even saying that I know isn't exactly the whole truth because the jobs I REALLY wanted I sent the application over to Steff to look over before I turned it in..and what that means is she did a makeover on my job application stuff so now I rock....sort of.  Or sort of not. But it looks WAAAY better. And I'm so grateful.  I even got a job...not my first...or second picks..but with being in Duluth Minnesota I have really become used to taking 3rd, 4th picks..or even something that wasn't a pick.  But, with all my bumminess I have realized something: Call the Midwife is the worst show.  It makes me so stressed every time a baby is being born. I can't watch that show again until I have one or I will not be able to...too bad I already watched the first 2 seasons (ouch). So, I've learned a lot obviously in my free time about things.

Now, off to better things to keep in mind. A Y t-shirt.  They have those big Y decals on the front. You know, a big circle on the front, right in the middle, with a Y in it!  The greatest shirts, really.  So, I remembered a little funny that happened while at my mom's house right before we left.  Aaron and I were watching soccer or something, he was sitting up-right and I was lying down with my legs over his lap. THEN I fell asleep.  What came to light after that is hilarious. I woke up with Aaron's face on my shoulder/chest.  Why is that funny? It's not.

The funny part is his drool laying in my Y decal. YES! You'd better believe it. It was a pool-a-drool (pool of drool)...it was just sitting there.  Waiting for another drip from his mouth to make a ripple in it! So, what am I trying to say? IT DIDN'T SOAK THROUGH. Hal-le-lu-jah!  Honestly, I wouldn't have cared if it did I love the guy so much.  I just love to remember stories like this because they make me laugh and I love to remember them on random days and just laugh to myself.

Speaking of laughing to myself, I really have been doing that lately about something in particular that's not Aaron's drool....

Mattresses.  I HATE them. I do. You spend half of your life (or more?) on a mattress!!! And to make things worse you don't even get to pick them out in different colors. They're always white (at least on top).  So. Aaron and I have been looking for a new other-half-of-our-life and it's been cracking me up inside. It is SO awkward. The mattress industry and salesman really need to reassess how they're doing things. I hate going to a random place (that's usually more department-store feeling, ya know wide open spaces..not a lot of wall separations kind of thing. And you are expected and encouraged even to LAY down in the middle of it. It's so awkward. Especially when the salesman comes up to you while you're trying to imagine a (hopefully good) night's sleep on the thing and says "feels good doesn't it" because then automatically I don't want to buy it.  So.  Mattress are officially the worst things to buy. It's a terrible experience that I don't want to have again any time soon. But, in the mean time, I can giggle to myself about all the random places I've laid down in and felt really stupid.  Maybe I'm self-conscious, but at least I can laugh about it.

Well, enough with the rambles. Aaron and I are healthy and well and that is something to be grateful for! After tomorrow Aaron will have only one week left in his summer session, and will be ready for the real deal in the fall! Things are beginning to settle in...slowly, but they are.  I even got to have the sister missionaries over to teach a discussion today with a beautiful girl that reminded me of my dear Miss Carolyn. Tall and beautiful.  Anyways, she's getting baptized and it is so refreshing to look at her and see her light! She is so cute and I am excited to be her friend! Did I mention she runs cross country and track for UMD. Ya, she's cool.

Life is good here in Duluth. I'll say that. It's been an adjustment. Will keep being one for awhile. But I have come to remember that "I can."  I can do this.  I have the best thing in the world (Aaron forever) and so I just need to keep the chin up!






 

 

 

 

Because these just seemed to fit the random thoughts of my brain today.

TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment