background

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Winter, what happened to fall?

Dear Winter,

If you could wait a little, teensy weensy bit longer that would be great.  Fall would like her debut, and you just aren't letting her have it!  While we love to sip hot chocolate and watch the snow fall, we also love our fall days and nights: warm, sunny days and cool nights.  And we'd actually like to enjoy the beautiful change of colors before the blanket of white comes.

Sincerely,
Little Loren Smith


It got cold here, yes real cold.  It was so cold we had to put our down comforter back on our bed!  And Aaron actually lets me cuddle with him for more than a minute since it doesn't "burn him" right now...maybe two minutes!

We are already entering our sixth week of school! WOWZERS.  Time really does fly.  It flies fast.  I can hardly believe it.  Aaron has 6 secondaries in, and still working hard.  He decided to quit his morning custodial, to his boss' dismay, and will end on Friday! WOO!  I am actually happy too because I have nightmare-thoughts in the morning when he leaves, like where I think I hear someone breaking in and stuff..ya, it's bad.  Anywho, happy day for us both!  He will be glad not to have to trudge through the snow at 4 in the morning too, I'm sure.

I got my internship!  The one I really wanted! I am beyond excited!  I don't know if it's paid yet (pray for me!) but I am just so relieved to know!  I was the last to be interviewed, and on the sign-in list I saw like all the amazing students, also my friends that had gone before me and I was sooooo nervous! But, I did it!  I had a great interview, and they called me last week!  I will start the first week of January, and am nervous but excited to not be in class and be doing what I really want!  I will be at a school for people 21 years and older with Asperger's and other learning disabilities, where the students learn to be independent through job skills and social skills.  I know it is going to be hard, but I am ready for the challenge!  Everyone knows I love a good challenge :)

In our mean time we've been getting our feel of football and sports! We play kickball together (intramurals), and we're not too shabby! In fact we won a game two weeks ago with just 5 of us  and the other team had all 8!  I've been working on "bridling my passion" because I get really into intramurals, but I've been doing good lately-the only yelling I've been doing has been to cheer! :) 

Dad came last weekend.  It was a quikie but we had so much fun! He came when it randomly decided to freeze, but we still had fun at the football game!


The giant screen...I swear it puts a hypnosis on men. 

BYU has this giant flag they open up over the student section before each game! We were so excited to make it underneath! (not sure why!)  It was HILARIOUS though because dad kept asking, is it going to be like this the whole game? Bahahaha, oh old men. They're just so cute.


He couldn't actually reach the flag..none of us could actually!

The fam!  It was a cold one!


He was cold, but still wanted to be able to hear...duh.


Aaron is the best.  He works hard. Really hard.  For his Pathophysiology class his teacher said that if you got over 82% on all the tests this year, you would get an A in his class. So the tests should be hard...well, let's just say Aaron did well! He got a 90% on his first test, and is feeling good :) That's my boy!

Finally, we went to a Murder Mystery last night.  We both were a bit apprehensive because we didn't really know what to expect.  It was western themed; Aaron was P'elvis Swagarin-the lone ranger and I was Butch Chastity the first lady of the outlaws, the best gunwoman, poker woman of 'em all....we thought the parts fit us well ;)


 


He's cute cowboy, huh?
Yes, that's a power drill toy in his holster...yep.

It was so fun. The girls in our ward that hosted the party did a great job! They had mini cups for whiskey (with cream soda) and "chew" (bubble gum) with a can to spit in, (root) beer, homemade pie...it was a cute and fun party!  Neither of us were the murderers, so I guess that's good news :)

          








Other than that we just move on each day with our ADL's (activities of daily living for those not in the healthcare world... ;) )  

Here's some of our randomness

Ask me why I took this picture, and I'm not sure. Not sure at all.  It's really gross actually. That was my caution tape for those who don't want to see this:
Yes, those are Aaron's toes nails. I was intrigued by how HUGE they were. What the... My husband has big feet.  He wears shoes one and a half times bigger than me! (Although that's no new news to anyone)


I also learned how to make cinnamon rolls the right size now! 


 
 I had trouble making these the right size in high school, didn't I mother? 
And finally, we celebrated Jakey's day of birth today with him! It was a little early since I will be gone for his real one, but boy did I make a wonderful cake!





It was general conference....that's our excuse for the grungies!


We have a wonderful life! Conference has given me a new hope that I really can make it through this whole medical school thing, and so can Aaron. It gets me really stressed out somedays that I just break down crying about what we have coming up in our lives.  But, people are always there for us.  And Aaron's dad sent us a wonderful letter telling us that we have so much to look forward to (if the Smith's can do it, we (other Smiths) can too!) and that the Gospel is the way to true happiness! If that's not the truth I don't know what is!




1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love to learn news through blogs and face book! I must have been super busy because you didn't tell me you got the Internship!!! YAH!!! So Awesome! Fun month wish I could have been in two places at one time! You are right conference was great and the gospel is amazing! So glad to have it in my life and know as we take what was said and implement it in our lives we will receive many blessing. Love you and Aaron sooooo MUCH :) Love Your Favorite MOM :)

    ReplyDelete