background

Sunday, June 23, 2013

FOREVER



Forever. 

I can't really comprehend that.  I know it exists, but comprehending it is another whole story.  I just can't place it in my mind.  

Aaron's been out of town since last Sunday. 


A tribute to him:




 




That seems like forever.  But that's not the kind of forever I like to think about.  That kind of forever is waiting.  Waiting for something.Waiting for forever to happen. Like you're trying to reach somewhere without doing anything.

  The kind of forever I want and what I have with Aaron is the kind of forever where I think about stuff happening.  Doing things.  Living a productive life, and not waiting around to let things happen (and be acted upon), but rather to act and make our lives a forever that is meaningful.  

So, back to the other kind of forever, you know, the waiting kind. This is the artificial forever.  The one where you think it's not going to end, but in a bad way.  Him being gone is actually one of the hardest things I have done.  That sounds silly to say, because, well I am 22 and am supposed to be mature....but you know what? I don't like it: I get scared at night...like almost to the point of sleeping with the lights on.  And then there comes the after work time of day.  I HATE it.  I make dinner alone, eat alone, and well no I don't go on dates alone...but I just hate it!  I could sit on the couch next to Aaron, not talking to him, and still love to be there. Literally sitting next to him is fun.  Do I sound like a newly wed? Because I don't care. I don't think that will ever change.  Really, I don't.  And if it has changed for anyone, don't tell me.  Because I have a firm mind, and when it's made up  there's usually no going back-and this is something I've made my mind up about.


Enough of pitying myself for an out of town husband...  I love Aaron. And forever in the eternity/love sort of way makes me really excited to think that our experiences together will NEVER end.  I don't know who could have given me this gift other than my Heavenly Father, and my Savior makes it all possible.  Families are forever.  Forever.  Forever will always be forever.

These pictures (and the ones above) are from our honeymoon...I never actually posted about it.  And now seems as good of a time as any.  Especially because I miss his face. We went on a mini cruise (4 days) and well, we'll never do it again.  It was fun, but never.  We both got sea sick...haha go figure!  But we enjoyed each other's company, and had some adventures along the way!


Didn't know I had a shop, did ya?
Catalina Island!






He took the picture like this on purpose
...to make me look like a midget...I'm sure.


The aquarium!  We could never get tired of it!

Everyone likes to always tell me, "just wait until the honeymoon stage is over."  I don't know why anyone would say that.  First, I like to live in my fairytale.  It's mine to live in, isn't it?  And, I would think people would want to encourage a marriage filled with the same happiness and love (and hopefully more) that it started with. 

So, here's to FOREVER with my babykins.
(now, come home already!)




No comments:

Post a Comment